Anthony has a long history at Concord GC in varying capacities starting as a Trainee Professional in 1988 going on to be Assistant Professional and then Head Professional for a short while in 1997. Playing was his career choice though and as Concord Touring Professional since 1993 Anthony has played all around the world culminating in his US Open start in 2012 at The Olympic Club in San Francisco and he followed that major experience up with his first Tour win in the 2014 QLD PGA Championship. Anthony had a string of Runner Up placing prior to that first win with multiple NSW Open 2nd place finishes included. 2015 saw a another near victory in the NSW PGA only to be pipped at the last hole to finish runner up once again.
Injuries have slowed the playing down in recent years and Anthony is more focused on his coaching having done plenty in informal capacities across the years with 20 years Corporate Golf experience with Matthew Laverty Corporate Golf and having played well over 1000 Pro-Am events he is well placed to help you on the range, but especially out on the course (no one ever shot 65 on the range!) Assisting fellow Touring Professionals on the range, chipping and putting greens over the years after being sought out for his help, Anthony can coach all levels from elite to beginner drawing on his experience from a cross section of events and golfers he has played with during his career.
With 22 years experience, Andrew is a confident, personable and committed individual dedicated to changing people’s lives for the better through golf.Andrew brings innovative ideas and pragmatic solutions to all aspects of golf services. He has an intuitive sense of market potential; a high level of personal integrity, dedicated work ethic and strong communication skills. An Australian by birth, Andrew has lived in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and the United States. Andrew has gained extensive experience through his positions at Kingston Heath Golf Club, Commonwealth Golf Club (Victoria), Gold Creek Country Club and Federal Golf Club (Canberra), Dynasty Club (Hong Kong), Singapore Island Country Club, Laguna National Golf and Country Club and the Singapore Golf Association (Singapore).
Andrew holds an “Advanced Certificate” with the Australian PGA in coaching.
Foundation of Golf Philosophy & Skills
- Golf Scholarship Program, 1994 AUSTRALIAN , INSTITUTE OF SPORT
- Mental efficiency training with AIS Sports
- Psychologists & Sean Lynch (Mind Yourself)
- Singapore National Coach, Men & Ladies (12 – 14)
- Re-modeled the entire High Performance Program for Singapore Golf Association including centralized training programs, annual training camps for both National Players and Development Squad Members 2012/13.
- Achieved Singapore’s highest finish in the Nomura Cup 2013 (6th position out of 26 Countries)
- Coached Lam Chih Bing to his first win on the Asian Tour, Volvo Masters Thailand 2008
- Coaches Men’s Singapore Open Amateur Champion Joshua Shou 2012
- Coaches Ladies Singapore Amateur Champion Koh Sock Hwee 2013/14
- Andrew has coached several Tour Professionals on The Asian Tour (2008-2014)
- Andrew has used modern and up to date technology as part of his Teaching
Philosophy such as:
- GOLF BIODYNAMICS swing excellence through 3D technology
- Golf Postural & Musculoskeletal Screening
- Sami Putt Lab
- V1 Video Analysis
- Dartfish Video Analysis
Andrew has over 20 years experience in teaching:
- Group Clinics (Men’s, Ladies, Corporate)
- Elite Players
- Golf Professionals and PGA Tour Players
Within two years of gaining a golf handicap Cherie was selected into the 1991 NSW Junior Squad and then just two years after that (at the age of 17) into the 1993 NSW Ladies Golf Team. Cherie remained in the State Team for seven years and made the National Squad in 1996. Cherie learnt from the best Golf Coaches, Sports Psychologists and Fitness Trainers within Australia over this time which assists her in being able to help players of all levels.
Some of Cherie’s highlights as an amateur include:
- Winning the 1993 NSW Golf Sportswoman of the Year
- Runner-up in the 1993 Australian Junior Amateur Championship
- Winner of the 1993 Australian Junior Foursomes Championship
- Winner of the 1995 NSW Open Southern Cup
- Winner of the 1996 Jean Derrin Trophy
- Winner of the 1995 and 1997 NSW Ladies Foursomes Championship
- Winner of the 1998 Australian Ladies Foursomes Championship
- Runner-Up in the 1998 and 1999 Tasmanian Ladies Amateur Championship
- Winner of the 1999 Victorian Amateur Championship
- Member of the 1999 Winning Australian Tasman Cup Team
- Team Captain of the victorious 1999 and 2000 NSW State Team (Gladys Hay Memorial Cup)
- Winner of the 2000 Tasmanian Ladies Amateur Championship
- Leading Amateur at the 2000 AAMI Women’s Australian Open
After turning Professional in 2000 Cherie played for eight years on the Ladies European Tour, one year on the LPGA and has played the summer events in Australia on the ALPG Tour. From all of these experiences Cherie realises the importance of working on all areas of the game, specialising in Long Game, Short Game and Course Management Skills. Cherie is a Certified Vocational Member of the PGA and is studying Ace Modules to be advanced in Coaching and Game Development.
Cherie has key strengths in management too through her experiences of being the 2002 and 2003 Tournament Director for the ALPG Players Championship, being appointed as the inaugural Head Professional at Hamilton Island Golf Club in 2009, the Golf Operations Manager and Head Golf Professional at Port Kembla Golf Club from 2011-2015 and being a Teaching Professional at Pacific Dunes Golf Club during 2015. Cherie accepted the role as Head Professional and Golf Services Manager at Concord Golf Club in September 2015.
Ken first joined Concord Golf Club in 1980 and later became Junior Champion. He won the Club Championship in 1983 and began his traineeship with Bruce Jackson in 1984. During his trainee career he won the NSW Trainee Championship twice and was the Australian Trainee Champion in 1985.
Ken Trimble has spent 10 years as a touring professional, competing on the Australasian, European and Asian Tours, with tournament victories including the 1990 NSW Open and the 1990 Bolton Old Links Challenge in the UK. Ken finished runner up in 5 Australasian Tour events and was a prolific Pro-Am winner. He has also established 12 course records and competed in the 1990 Open at St Andrews and 1992 Open at Muirfield.
Mark is a certified Vocational PGA Member.
In 2014, Mark was named both the Australian & NSW/ACT PGA Trainee of the Year.
Mark comes to us from Pacific Dunes Golf Club where he was the Assistant Director of Golf. Mark’s other previous golf experience includes being the TaylorMade Technical Rep for the North Island of New Zealand and an Assistant Professional at ArrowCreek Country Club in Reno, Nevada.
Mark’s strengths are in the areas of Club Fitting, Club Repair, Coaching and Retail.
Golf Lessons at Concord Golf Club
Professional golf lessons with one of our highly qualified coaches are available to both members and non-members of Concord Golf Club.
The new Golf Performance and Fitting Centre provides an all-weather training venue featuring undercover hitting bays for the practice range and an indoor putt lab, allowing practice in all weather conditions. Our coaches have access to the latest technologically advanced, video swing analysis software that can pin-point areas for improvement to help you improve your game whilst hitting balls in both real time on the practice range and in a simulator environment.
The coaching staff at Concord Golf Club are some of the most qualified in Sydney. A culmination of 25 years of tournament experience and numerous hours of attendance at National and International Coaching Summits create an invaluable knowledge base. Their desire to further advance their learning will continue to benefit pupils.
Our coaches offer one-on-one training sessions for junior and mature golfers, as well as community based golfing programs, including golf development lessons for juniors and beginner ladies. Golf lessons are available for all skill levels from beginner to advanced, and our coaches can work with you to develop training plans for game improvement.
Golf tuition bookings can be made at the Golf Shop on telephone +61 2 9743 0265. Concord Golf Club is a private club hence dress regulations apply.
Learn more about our expert staff below.
Corporate Day Instruction
The Coaching staff of Concord Golf Club are available for clinic style golf instruction. The dedicated short game facility on the practice range makes for an ideal entertainment and learning situation. There are ten practice range mats available for iron play only. All levels of player can be catered for.
The use of metal woods on the practice range is prohibited, as the length of the range is only 170 metres.